Having effective network inventory tools is vital. They help you manage IT assets and grow business. At the same time, it is important to be 100% sure they are compatible with the technologies you use within your organization.
After we have highlighted major tips on choosing the best network inventory tools, we need to ensure effective implementation of the assets tracking the package. You will need to take into account some technical specs and characteristics. A good thing is to have an experienced IT administrator to handle the task. However, the process is going to be a real challenge for non-technicians.
Soft4Business.info is your vital helper in the world of DAM platforms, website building technologies and POS solutions for business. This time we will help you to choose a network inventory tool compatible with your corporate technologies.
Basic Issues to Consider for Network Inventory Tools
The following are baseline points to take into account BEFORE you buy a DAM platform. You need to be 100% sure the asset management package meets your requirements. For this reason, you need to consider the following:
- OS – your new network inventory tools should run under the same OS you use on your organization hardware. If your DAM platform does not support the Operating System you use, it may result in malfunctions and running errors. If not compatible with the OS, your assets management tool may generate false data and stats.
- Hosting – decide whether you plan to host your DAM platform by yourself or opt for third-party services. Network inventory tools open source or cloud-based solutions may already include hosting. Most of them are web-based platforms. It means that you do not have to care about a place to host the tool.
- Hardware – make sure the hardware you use is 100% compatible with all versions of the assets management package you want to implement. Also, consider necessary software upgrades and updates in case of necessity.
- Data Format – advanced network inventory tools let users convert data into various formats. You can store info on CDs, tapes, cloud-based storage facilities like Google Disc, DropBox, etc.
You need to review some core issues before implementing network inventory tools. If missing anything, your asset management package will be of no use. Moreover, you need to think of some extra features that might also affect the level of IT assets management efficiency.
Additional Points to Think of When Using Network Inventory Tools
Apart from some basic points, you also need to take into account some other issues. They should also be compatible with the DAM platform. Otherwise, they will hardly be helpful when it comes to efficient IT assets management system.
Ease of Use
The interface must be easy-to-use and intuitive. Of course, using network inventory tools requires some skills and technical knowledge. However, most DAM platforms offer a free trial or demo version. You can check the system free before subscribing. It will make it clear if the platform is good for you. Also, pay attention to the following:
- Language Setting – choose a multi-lingual software or package written on the same language you use in the organization.
- Easy Learning – opt for network inventory tools that are easy to understand. They should feature clear functionality and simple options.
- Free Trial – start the free trial before subscribing to a paid plan.
Analytics and Reporting
You need to try to generate several test reports. Examine the results to decide if the stats satisfy you totally depending on your goals and targets. Look for advanced customer extensions provided by the platform developers. They might include:
- Push Notifications – the system must inform you of any asset management violations, audit errors, false checklists and other malfunctions that may occur.
- Professional Support Team – technical support can be vital especially when you get started with the network inventory tool. Apart from forums, knowledgebase and blogs, make sure to have via chat options as well as the ability to keep in touch with customer support via phone, email, etc.
- Expandability Options – you might need extra components to be implemented in the long run. Make sure your assets management package provides enough capabilities to add new features and elements.
No matter what happens, you need to be absolutely sure the software delivers all necessary features out of the box. If it does not meet your expectations, choose another network inventory tool.
Having a compatible IT assets management software is vital for business. We do hope our detailed guide will come in handy. Stay tuned to find essential checklists on our website. Feel free to share your experience and ideas in comments.